Friday Farm Day Belated

 Hi all, we had a rainy Friday and Saturday here in Floriduh, so I’m slow getting this week’s post out.

Upon leaving AFF, I’ve made the decision to stop numbering these. We all know we’re here to see the garden, it makes no difference how long this tradition has been going on.


Without further ado…


Starting in the front yard, the mulberry is loaded and I mean loaded with berries


Next up, sadly the first volunteer sunflowers of the year are not doing well. I think the ducks had a go at them, and they look diseased.



But, have no fear new volunteer sunflowers are already popping up to take their place. Like this one



And these


The pentas are looking lovely as ever


Just look how gorgeous the white and red ones look against one another


Moving to the backyard, the Blackberries are coming in


As well as blooming


The beefsteak tomato plant has set its first fruit of the season


The baby pineapple survived its first transplant


And my potatoes are showing themselves, like the one in this bin



And, these I planted in the ground. Did you know that tomatoes and potatoes come from the same family of Nightshades? That is why it’s difficult to tell the potato from the tomato in the pic below.



The cucumber is coming up great


The dragon fruit is putting on sections


Another tomato plant is popping up from seed.


The key lime bush is blooming


And, the inground volunteer Everglades tomatoes have taken over


Finally, as a little treat, our friend CuriousHer sent over a picture of her newest addition, Hippeastrum papilio (“butterfly amaryllis”). She’s given me permission to share it with you.



Thank you all for joining me on this tour of our gardens


Happy Belated Friday Farm Day!

Comments

  1. I didn't know that potatoes and tomatoes come from the nightshade family. I learn every day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Eggplants too, actually! CuriousHer wanted to be sure I said hi to you.

      Delete
    2. Next you're going to say cucumbers are from the nightshade family!
      Please see 'hi' back to CuriousHer.

      Delete
    3. LOL...no, they're a cucurbit. :) will do.

      Delete
    4. I watch a lot of British cooking shows and did not know they called Eggplant "Aubergine" until I started watching British tv...lol. Your garden and plants all seem to be thriving and so hope the sunflowers do well as they are my favourite. Thanks for the tour and glad you were able to take us with you my friend..Nothing compares to fresh fruit and veggies..

      Delete
    5. And we call a zucchini a courgette. We seem to like the French versions of words.

      Delete
    6. I watch a lot of British cooking shows too ;)

      Don’t worry, I planted sunflowers in the back yard too. As well as some in the containers to transplant in the front, there will be sunflowers this year!

      Delete
    7. French names for things sounds classier..lol.

      Delete
    8. I Love sunflowers so looking forward to seeing yours Deb..

      Delete
    9. Recently one French linguist cheekily claimed that the English language was a derivative of the French language.
      The French language is a sexy language though.

      Delete
    10. They’re coming up all over, by next month we should have blooms.

      The French language is super sexy, for sure

      Delete
  2. Wow - big pictures! No more 10 picture limit! Friday Farm Day has exploded! 😃

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, we can put up as many pics as we want. Plus one for blogger. Believe it or not, a few didn't make the cut...I took that many. 😂😂

      Delete
  3. The pentas are really pretty! Looks like you're going to have quite the harvest of mulberries. I see pies and jam in the future.

    My sister made a liqueur out of raspberries. Can you do the same with mulberries? 🤔

    It's so liberating that the number of pics we can attach to our blogs isn't limited. 😁

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pie James and maybe even some liqueur or wine. ;) both can be made from mulberries. :)

      It really is, no counting, just take the pics of things I want to show and voila.

      Delete
    2. Jams not James. This is what I get for blogging on my phone. 😂

      Delete
  4. The garden looks incredible!! I love the Pentas as always. The anticipation of fresh fruit is so exciting :) Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Lawsuit over AFF

Notes from Motion to Dismiss Hearing

Wegovy Wednesday Week 7