Conversations with the Dungeon Master

 Nick, my partner, is a Dungeon Master for Dungeons and Dragons. That means he makes up the stories and maps the players use to complete their quests. Hence, the title.

We have a playful texting style, especially when talking about the cats, often attempting to see who can make the other laugh first.

Yes, we text each other inside the house. Nick works long hours on his feet, I have a bad back, and neither of us wants to yell or walk down the hallway. It's just how we do. Besides, my hearing was the second thing to take a hit when I started aging, I'd never hear him no matter how loud he yelled. 

I'm the Blue Bubble, He's the Gray Bubble






As you can see, Nick won the laughter battle last night. The mini-series remark was Chef's Kiss.

PS: The “mini series “ he’s referring to is “The Great” on Hulu. It’s a fictionalization of Catherine the Great’s rule. It’s not a mini series, I suppress my pedantry when we’re joking around. 


Comments

  1. LMAO! I hope you turn this into a series!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Zelensky needs to step up to the plate!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes he does, he's slacking on his security position dealing with those Russian raccoons

      Delete
    2. I'll have strong words to say to him when I next see him. He has no excuses now that Congress has passed that aid package!

      Delete
    3. Please do, something has to be done to get these out of control divas under control. LOL

      Delete
    4. Consider the problem solved; I've already phoned him up.

      Delete
    5. Thanks, I appreciate it. I should have come to you right away.

      Delete
    6. 🤣😂🤣😂🤣

      Delete
    7. Hello Mr Wrong, come and join the party here!

      Delete
  3. This post is now making me wonder, if Nick has Mastered my own Two sons in Dungeons and Dragons playing it on-line...lol. My boys are and always have been heavily into it. Especially my youngest who used to work for E.B. Games in Burnaby B.C. here in Canada. As for texting, while in the same house, my sister whom I live with is in the next room so we talk. Laughing here out loud behind the screen with your texts. All in a good way..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Probably not, Nick is an old school purist who likes to play in person. The man makes his own figures for the game. He doesn't do it online.

      To be fair to Nick and I, I'm usually in the living room and he's in his bedroom when we do this. Opposite ends of the house.

      Delete
    2. Playing it in person would be much better than strictly on-line.

      Delete
    3. He seems to enjoy it. I tried playing, but it just wasn't my cup of tea.

      Delete
  4. Dungeon Master meant something very different to me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Having spent some time in the BDSM community, totally get it. 😂

      Delete
    2. That's where my mind went too, Saul!

      Delete
    3. @smarty We're both grated (minds alike) then 🙂

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Lawsuit over AFF

Changes in New Community

Notes from Motion to Dismiss Hearing