Friday Farm Day

 I hope all are well rested and ready to see the sights of our gardens!

As a reminder, I grow organically, mostly in containers, in Zone 9B. I taught myself through Youtube. I've been gardening since the Spring of 2021.

We're starting in the front yard.

First up on our tour, the Striped Barbados Lily. Isn't she glorious, folks?



Next, we should probably check in on the bananas



While we're here, we should stop to smell the Star Jasmine. Intoxicating, isn't it?



Let's have a look at the Pentas, shall we?



The mulberry is bursting with fruit!



Enough that we've already gotten two bowls full, and still need to pick more.

I'm thinking of doing Mulberry liqueur this year, anyone want some?



Moving to the backyard, while we're on the theme of harvesting. I harvested a bunch of Radishes and tomatoes



Then, I pickled some radish, carrots, and onions for a nice little condiment.



The snack peppers are starting to come in



You can barely tell the passion fruit from the papaya anymore, and that's after a thorough trim of the passion fruit.



The dune sunflowers are blooming like mad.



And, finally, it looks as though my clitoria will bloom. ;)



Happy Friday Farm Day All!

Comments

  1. I think you may have plagiarised this post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. From who? That Lady Car Lady? She stole it from me. 😂

      Delete
    2. I think you may need to take legal action against that dastardly Lady Cat Lady. King Charles won't be pleased!

      Delete
    3. I'm talking with my lawyer, she's in so much trouble.

      Delete
    4. Well I hope you've got a good lawyer because I think this case may work it's way all up to the US Supreme Court!

      Delete
    5. Do you even know what the Supreme Court does and when they enter a case?

      Delete
    6. No I don't know, I just know the US Supreme Court is your constitutional court and is your court of final appeal.
      We have a Supreme Court here but it's not a constitutional court, it can't strike down Acts of Parliament, and it's not even the final court of appeal.

      Delete
    7. I’d had to lose in a court of law. Appeal in the lower courts. Lose that appeal. And have something else to appeal in the higher court (aka federal supreme courts)

      Delete
    8. It's same the here. British people don't have direct access to the Supreme Court.

      Delete
    9. Makes sense since our system is modeled after yours.

      Delete
  2. All hail the clitoria, lol! Everything's looking great, as always.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol. All hail. Lol.

      Thanks smarty

      Delete
    2. Laughing here with the name clitoria myself.lol. God Deb, you have such a green thumb and they are all blooming nicely. I would love some of that Mulberry liqueur.

      Delete
    3. Other names for it are butterfly pea or Asian pigeonwings, but I think we can all agree that the scientific name Clitoria Ternatea is superior.

      If it wasn't for customs, I'd totally send you some.

      Delete
    4. No worries Deb and thanks..

      Delete
  3. Mmmmm . . . passion fruit jam . . . 🤤

    My sister made raspberry liqueur once and never thought to mix it with club soda. Now she's a fan. LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That’s what I should make with all this passion fruit. Thanks for the idea!

      Mixing it with club soda was my plan. I’m not a big drinker, but I can see myself sipping a cocktail on a hot summer evening.

      Delete
    2. Fruit liqueur and club soda sounds so refreshing! Mmmmm. Summer will be here soon.

      Delete
    3. It does, doesn't it? Summer is right around the corner for me.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Lawsuit over AFF

Notes from Motion to Dismiss Hearing

Wegovy Wednesday Week 7