And Now We Wait....

I picked a kilogram of mulberries off the bush/tree outside and split it in half.


Then I put 1/2 kg in each airtight jar 


Next, I poured 700 ml of Gin in one jar and the same amount of Vodka in the other. (Yes, I know they're big, but that's what I had.)



Now, they will sit in my pantry for four weeks.

At the end of four weeks, I'll have to strain and push the berries through a fine mesh sieve.

Then, add simple syrup to each, and voila', I'll have two different kinds of Mulberry Liqueur. 

Happy Monday

Comments

  1. Oooh! Sounds yummy! My sister made raspberry liqueur when her neighbor ended up with a bunch of ripe raspberries one year. In Japan, plum wine is popular. It's made with plums, shochu (Japanese vodka-like spirit), and sugar.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh plum wine sounds yummy, as does raspberry liqueur.

      I can’t wait to try this

      Delete
  2. That would be delicious when ready and especially on a hot sunny day over ice my friend..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I’m thinking that with a bit of sparkling water. :)

      Delete
    2. Yep! Now you are talking..lol. Cheers!

      Delete
  3. I'm pretty your mulberry liqueur would go well with gin.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do think the juniper berries in the gin will pair nicely with the mulberries.

      Delete
    2. The song "Here We Go Round The Mulberry Bush" is playing in my head.lol.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Lawsuit over AFF

Notes from Motion to Dismiss Hearing

Wegovy Wednesday Week 7