Belated Friday Farm Day

Due to some unforeseen circumstances, the tour of the garden needed to be postponed. Besides, it was raining yesterday morning, I sure wasn't going to go out to take pics!

Good Morning Afternoon/Evening All!

We are gathered here today to take a walk through our gardens and see what nature with a little help from me has brought forth.

As a reminder I grow, organically, in Zone 9b Central Florida. I learned everything I know from Youtube and blogs.

Starting in the front yard, the pentas are looking lovely as ever

The plumbago is still blooming!

Let's move into the backyard, where I'm going to give you a series of sunflower photos. :)

As you can see, my Heartbreaker cherry tomatoes are flushing out nicely!

The blackberries are still coming in...I gave that one to Nick after I took the pic

As well as blooming...

I picked ALL the ripe blueberries and ate them after I took this pic

My Clitoria is bushing out again! No flowers, yet, but I'm hoping this year!

And, finally, my loofah is popping up. Yes, friends, I do mean the loofahs you can buy in the store for sponges. Once they get to maturity and dry out, you can turn them into sponges by peeling back the dried out skin and getting rid of the seeds. There are fibers inside that grow thick as they age.

You can also eat the loofah when it's immature as a squash substitute. Reminiscent of zucchini but holds up better to cooking.

Thank you for joining me on this tour of our gardens!

Happy Saturday!

Comments

  1. Love the color of the plumbago and sunflowers! Stunning!

    You do have quite the variety of fruit for your morning smoothies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I did put it up on AFF, but as you know...it takes longer to get approved. LMFAO

      I do, so many, it's pretty awesome!

      Delete
  2. Thanks for the sunflower eye candy.They are beautiful..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joy, I had an educated idea you would:) I’m going to plant more varieties this week and see what other colors I have. (I bought a “sunflower package” that had ten varieties!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Lawsuit over AFF

Notes from Motion to Dismiss Hearing

Wegovy Wednesday Week 7