Belated Friday Farm Day

Good Morning/Afternoon/Evening All!


Let’s start with a little Debbi-Nick story. Yesterday, while driving Nick says to me: 


“The backyard looks great. You’re almost there.” 


Quizzically, I looked at him. “What do you mean almost there?”


Nick: I want to be able to walk around the backyard naked without upsetting the neighbors. The back fence is still see though. 


Me: Are you asking me to plant more?


Nick: If you could figure out a way to fill in the gaps, that would be great. 


Me: Why didn’t you say something sooner?


*Spends the next 3 hours planning what to plant along the fence line*


It will probably have to wait till later August due to it being “Fuck it’s so hot, I’m gonna die” season. But I will take you through the process. 


For all those wondering, steroid shot went okay, I spent yesterday dealing with muscle spasms, and today I’m fine. 


Now for why we are gathered here today for a little walk through my gardens to see what nature with a little help from me has brought forth! 


Let’s do this!


Starting in the front yard, another of the Crinum lilies are blooming . 





The Pentas are looking luscious. 





And the dwarf Cavendish bananas are coming along nicely. 





Moving to the backyard, the Cuban pepper (mildest of all the “spice peppers”, I have no spice tolerance) has given me its first pepper





As well as blooming to give me more





Remember last week when I said it’s raining passion fruit? Now it’s a deluge 





Volunteer Everglades tomatoes are popping up in the strawberry patch. 





The cucumber has begun to flower 





As has the loofah





And finally, the key lime has limes!




Thank you for joining me on this tour of our gardens!


Happy Friday Farm Day

Comments

  1. Smiling here with your conversation and Nick wanting a privacy BUSH of some kind to get naked..lol. Yes my mind was in the gutter. Lmao.. Your garden is growing like a weed, pardon the pun..lol. Love the photos and seeing the fruit 🍑 of your efforts..xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nick walks around the house naked, I rarely see him clothed unless he's leaving the house. LOL.

      Rainy season is upon us here after two months of drought, so everything is super happy in the garden!

      Delete
    2. Rain helps them grow for sure..

      Delete
  2. What plants will you grow to stop people seeing a naked Nick in the garden?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A combination of Cuban Oregano and gardenia shrubs. :)

      Delete
  3. Nick just needs to walk around holding a potted fig.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Lawsuit over AFF

Notes from Motion to Dismiss Hearing

Wegovy Wednesday Week 7