# Wegovy Wednesday Wk 11 Progress Edition

All right all right all right

Yesterday, I took my 11th injection of Wegovy. 


On June 14th, I saw my doctor for my second weigh in. In ten weeks of taking Wegovy, I lost a total of 25 lbs. She and I are pleased. 


As promised, here are my before pics








Yes I know there’s a stain on the shirt. Let’s all move on. 😂


Now, before we get to progress pics, I decided to take pics of everything I ate Monday, so you can have an idea of my diet. 


I typically wake around 6am when the cats decide they want to be fed and can’t wait a second longer. One of them will climb on me and “make biscuits”. Never fails. 


I do strength training four days a week for forty five minutes: Before I go to the gym, I have a protein shake. I still drink this if it’s not gym day, btw. ;)





Around 9a, I have a smoothie made of nonfat Greek yogurt, kale, spinach, peas, flax seed, chia seed, hemp seed, papaya, passion fruit, blueberries and mulberries





Lunch is around 1130a and was a salad made with chicken, lettuce, kale, cabbage, carrots, quinoa and lentils topped with cheddar and dressing made with ranch dressing powder mix and  plain non fat Greek yogurt thinned with water. 





I start work at 5p my time, I usually eat dinner prior. 


This week, I bought impossible sausage for the first time ever. I decided to do what I call a “scramble”. Basically, I grab stuff from the fridge and garden, cook it and add eggs. Top with cheese and green onions and garlic chives





I can say the sausage is not terrible, but it’s also not something I’d buy again. Texture is awful. I’ll end up cooking the rest of it, add taco seasoning, and eat taco salad for lunch for days. It won’t go to waste.


2/5


I didn’t take a pic, but I had nonfat Greek yogurt and blackberries for a snack around 9p. 


Now, for the progress pics. 


Drumroll please 😂








And a side by side comparison 



Next picture update will be in two months.😝

I continue to have no side effects other than those I have caused myself by over eating and under eating. Though, be aware, not everyone is as fortunate as I have been. 


Now, I want to acknowledge my privilege of having insurance willing to cover this medication. The majority of Americans can not afford this medication due to its high cost. 


The makers of this medication are gouging Americans, in particular, for this medication. Based on my benefits breakdown, my insurance pays twelve hundred a month for me to be on this. I pay 11.90. 


Canadians pay four hundred, one third of the cost of Americans. 


In the UK, it’s as low as a hundred and fifty That’s 12%. 


If you don’t have a problem with this kind of price gouging from large pharmaceutical companies, I have no words for you. 


Happy Wednesday!

Comments

  1. Replies
    1. It's a vegetarian version of a seasoned beef sausage made by a brand called "Impossible". Impossible burgers came on thremarket before the sausage or faux chicken tenders, and you can get Impossible burgers at some fast food places.
      ~ Curious
      P.S.: You go, Debbi! Congratulations! You put in a lot of work and changes to make that possible. ...And drug price gouging sucks.

      Delete
    2. Thanks for explaining. I think I'll give Impossible sausages a miss!

      Delete
    3. Thanks for answering Curious. I’m gonna send you a pic through email, just want an opinion (it’s from someone on aff, we’re trying to identify the flowers)

      Thanks! I feel like I’m on the right track

      Delete
  2. Thought I had commented on this one but is not showing up..You look marvelous my friend.. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your progress is amazing! I've read that there are weight loss clinics that offer Ozempic and Wegovy, but none are covered by insurance, so the shots costs over $1000 a pop.

    I tried a sweet potato smoothie the other day. It was surprisingly good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! So, you're telling me that they don't even cover Ozempic for diabetes (That was what it was originally marketed as)?

      I'm not the biggest fan of sweet potatoes, but I'm glad you liked it.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Lawsuit over AFF

Notes from Motion to Dismiss Hearing

Wegovy Wednesday Week 7