Blogger/Blogspot Tutorial - Add Followers Gadget

 Hi All,

I may not be the most tech-savvy, but I have figured out how to do things on this site. And, I have the time to put together a little presentation to help everyone. 

This is probably going to be a series. I'm going to start with the basics, what will get your blog up and running, and how to make sure people can follow you.

When you sign into Blogger, your beginning page looks like this (Yours will have different posts, but the left side of the screen will look like this. 




On that left side, click on "Layout"





This is where you are going to add the gadget so people can follow you easily. 


Don't worry, I'll teach you to add them to your reading list later in this post, so you can easily see when they put up new blog posts because this site doesn't send out alerts or emails to your followers, they're just going to have to check or keep up with their reading list.

Please know JN and I both have lists of all the AFFers on our blogs, so you can find them. If you let me know yours, I will add you to my list and I'm sure JN will do the same.


To Add the gadget, click on the "Add a Gadget" that's circled in the pic.




If your screen isn't configured exactly like mine, that's okay. Just look for the part that has the "Add a Gadget" link and click on it. A box will appear.





Scroll down the list until you get to the "Followers" gadget. 





Click on that. 


And, Voila, you have a follow button on your blog. 


Now, go to the bottom of the page and click on the "Save" button I have circled.





Next Post: How to add people to your "Reading List". This site does not send out emails or notifications when you put up a new post. To be able to know when someone you are following has put out a new post, you need to add them to your "Reading List" which you will have to remember to check each day. 

And, yes, sometimes I forget, but I'm trying to remember, it's all taking me time too. Remember, I also opened my own website, so I'm a little swamped.

I'm going to do each tutorial as a separate post, this way the questions about each feature can be answered without confusion as to what's being discussed. So this is the first of many tutorial posts that will come out. 

Blogger/Blogspot Tutorial - Reading List

Blogger/Blogspot Tutorial - Add other AFFers Blogs to your Profile

Blogger/Blogspot Tutorial - Settings

Blogger/Blogspot Tutorial - How to put Pictures and Videos in Your Blog

Blogger/Blogspot Tutorial - How to Title Your Blog Posts

Blogger/Blogspot Tutorial – How to Edit Your Blog Posts and Labels


Comments

  1. Many thanks. I've now done that. I'm ready for the next tutorial.
    I've found that by following a blogger, their new posts appear on my 'Reading List'. This is how I found this post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome and good job. Yes, I have put up a "Reading List" tutorial, though you know how to do that through email. There's a third tutorial for how to put the other bloggers on your blog that is now out. You're doing great!

      Delete
    2. Your tutorials should be issued by this site. The site definitely needs a 'Blogger for Beginners' help.

      Delete
    3. Thanks BowandArrow, I appreciate the compliment.

      Delete
  2. BowandArrow had to tell me how to add the Followers part onto mine.
    I am playing with mine daily to see how I like everything

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bow and arrow is a good guy. Play away, it’s not like I’m not changing things 😂

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Lawsuit over AFF

Notes from Motion to Dismiss Hearing

Wegovy Wednesday Week 7